My Mind

My Mind
This is my mind

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

In that secret place.

I know how the South felt in 1860.  More than that I understand the heartfelt need to secede.  The ideals of the America I have known are directly opposed to those of the country that replaced the incumbent.  The decision to welcome another four years staggers me.
My heart and soul have sunk to the lowest depths of me.  I need time to accept this fork in the road and the direction taken.  No election in the past has ever sent me reeling as this one has.  It's an utter rejection of fundamental beliefs implanted from the time I was old enough to begin to understand anything.  It will take a while to adjust to this new reality.
I am reminded of David on the run looking to the heavens shouting, "My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me?"(Psalm 22:1).  A little dramatic you say?  Perhaps.  Has He forsaken me?  Has He forsaken our country?  I believe it is the reverse.  I believed with all my heart He wanted a different result for this election and I embraced this completely.  His plan, obviously, is not what I imagined.  It is my part in this plan to look to Him for guidance as to what that plan is which means I have to alter my thinking and surrender my heart and mind to His path.  It is a complete shock to my system and will take a bit of time to adjust to the jolt to  my being.  I truly believed the results of this election would be the opposite of the reality.  He didn't listen to me.  Now I need to listen for Him.
The time interval for this is unknown.  A full body collision with a speeding object causes a tremendous amount of damage.  The body requires its own set time to heal.  This mental and spiritual slam against reality will take time of which I have no clue as to how long.  It is a spiritual warfare wound that can only be healed under the shadow of His loving attention. " I shall take to heart Psalm 91, He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."
Some may think I am harping on God too much.  I disagree completely.  I don't invoke Him enough.  To understand what has happened I will have to look to Him completely.  And that is where I will be for a while, in that secret place, asking for forgiveness and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment