My Mind

My Mind
This is my mind

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cake you say?

  "I was told there would be cake."
  "And who told you that?"
  "Does it matter?  Do you have cake?"
  "Actually we do."
  "Well then, I would like a slice of cake, please."
  "So sorry.  By invitation only."
  "Are you saying I cannot have a slice of cake?"
  "Yes.  That is exactly what I am saying."
  "But I was told..."
  "Yes but were you given an invitation?"
  "No.  No one said it would require an invitation."
  "Ah, there it tis.  No invite.  No cake."
  "But I've come a long way..."
  "With an invitation?"
  "NO.  I've already told you..."
  "Yes.  you may leave now.  There are guests with invitations waiting to get in.  They were told there would be cake."
  "Uh, yes.  I was told there would be cake."
  "And who told you that?"
  "Does it matter?  Do you have cake?"
  "Actually we do."
  "Well then, I would like a slice of cake, please."
  "So sorry.  By invitation only."
  "Oi! Move yer bleedin' self. We were told there would be cake!  An' we aims to get some!"
  "Sorry, invitation only my good fellows."
  "WE got yer invite roit 'ere mate. Do we get in or do we have to muss yers up?"
  "What's wrong here?"
  "Oh sorry your majesty a bit o' bother.  The rabble here demands cake."
  "Well, it's by invitation only."
  "I've tried to tell them, your Majesty, but they won't have none of it."
  "Well, they shan't eat cake.  Let them eat pie."
  So close and yet not in the history books.
                         Recording found in the desk of an old English Prime Minister.  It was a proper antique.  I was assured it was the voice of Queen Victoria at the end.  Only wanted $5.35 for it.  It's a piece of history I had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment