My Mind

My Mind
This is my mind

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dawn of the....

Breakfast is over. Coffee is drunk. Guilt sets in for leaving Julia behind a plate glass window that separates her from...well let's return for part 6...

Oh my gosh! Pushing through to the folks at Danny's is like stepping through a barrier of gelatin. I'm here as the wall of imagination fwoops back into it's protective position. It was a difficult passage but I'm here now and...
Something isn't right. There's a darkness unlike before. The streets are deserted. Newspapers sweep across those deserted streets like tumbleweeds. The sky is a dark roiling mass with an oppressive rain falling.
Danny's is dark. There are motionless people inside.. Let me go in...
The lights are out. There's broken glass on the floor. Pancakes are stuck everywhere. Grey masses sticky with genuine Canadian imitation maple syrup. But this is no time for humour. There are bodies in the booths. The counter is covered in heads shattered laying in dried blood.
How long was I gone? Julia is collapsed against the window with a butter knife wedged into her chest. There's a pistol in her lifeless hand drawn from the concealed holster strapped to her thigh whch is exposed beyond her hip. Her flesh is grey and still. Looking in the direction of the gun's muzzle I see holes in the wall. Looking over the counter I spy Joe, who bought Danny's. He is still.
In the space of an hour Joe must have snapped. There was a butcher knife in his right hand caked with blood. In his left a stack of pancakes laced with more dried blood.
It's a scene out of a nightmare. I'm getting out of here. It's no place to be on a sunny day out there in the real world.
Shuffling sounds begin to waft into my ear. Scratching sounds come from behind the kitchen door. It's locked. Movement comes slowly toward me. I turn and it's...
NO! It can't be. Julia is sidling towards me dragging one leg behind. Her crooked taloned hands are reaching towards me... There's Joe and... Joe. They are slowly stumbling in my direction. Groans are drifting from their closed mouths. And there's Gabe slowly pushing on the door. Joe's fist is pounding into his slab of a hand as he creeps forward. Joe, behind the counter has grabbed at the counter pulling himself up from the pool of dried blood that had been his bed. Their eyes... their eyes... they are cold and dead reflecting only me within.
Julia has a slight bend at the corner of her lips, That same cruel touch of a smile she carried in life. Her mouth is opening showing strong teeth. They are all closing in mouths open with gluey strings of saliva connecting upper and lower teeth. Those grusome mouths begin a biting and churning motion intent on the rosy warm flesh before them. Joe and Joe shuffle closer. Gabe incehes in to my left. Julia comes straight on in that slow jerky gate and the sound of teeth clacking together along with the scratching at the locked door echoing amongst the low creeping moans coming from their dry throats. I could swear they are saying brains...

What the... Sorry. I must have fallen asleep while typing. Creepy. Enough of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment